Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for the TWB Community

Hi @sifatnoor, thanks for your message! I am sorry we did not get back to you sooner. That is strange, however I can see that you have completed all of the courses and received your certificate for the introduction course - that is wonderful news! :star2: Please let us know if you have any further questions :sunny:

Hi @Georges_Latchimy , how are you? I feel we haven’t chatted in a while.
You do raise a valid point about the certificate. The only problem not only with the courses but more broadly with the elearn platform is that once you upload a course, it is very difficult to modify it - meaning that if you want to make any changes, even a tiny one, you need to re-upload the whole course and the process takes a lot of time. So rather than investing that time on an old course, we are looking into offering newer, more up to date ones. We hope to have something up and running by the end of the year!
Thanks for the really valuable input :wink:

2 Likes

I completed the two courses and was denied a certificaate for both of them. I am also not allowed to go into projects since a few days ago. I want to help and translate. This is truly discouraging, to be treated like this when all I want is to volunteer and I am a certified translator and experienced…

Hello @ambra !
I hope you are doing well.
I finished the revision Stats for translation job 15080 - en-GB > pt-BR last Friday and I would like to know how keep getting involved.
Thank you very much.

Hi Berenice, thanks for your feedback. You haven’t been denied any certificates! We simply have certificates only for the online course Introduction to Humanitarian Translation. The other two courses were developped several years ago, and as I was telling to Georges, rather than investing that time on an old course, we are looking into offering newer, more up to date ones. We hope to have something up and running by the end of the year!

Can you also please clarify what you mean that you are “not allowed to go into projects since a few days ago”? Do you mean that you don’t see available projects in the homepage? Please let me know, I’d be happy to help.

Hi Aline, thanks a lot for completing your first project! I see you have worked only on the Workspace so far, but you have a complete profile in Kato Platform, our main platform. So to find more tasks you can just go here: https://kato.translatorswb.org/ and select the filter options to find tasks available. I see that, for now, there is one revision task available for BR PT: TWB Platform
The translation is not ready though, so you can’t start working on it right away, but you can claim it if you want to :slight_smile:
Please also remember to take a look at our welcome pack to learn how to navigate our translation environment:
The Translator's Toolkit

hello,
i have and finished passed the final exam but i was not able to download my certificate
can you please help me ?

Hello @tehleel95 :slight_smile:
Did you make sure that you enrolled in the course as explain in point 2? If you don’t enrol, the platform will not let you take the final quiz and you won’t obtain the certificate. Let me know if this works

1 Like

Yes it worked and I was able to obtain my certificate.
Thank you

2 Likes

@tehleel95 You’re welcome :star_struck: I hope you found the course helpful!

Yes I was able to learn a a lot about humanitarian translation, it was an amazing experience.
Thank you I appreciate it🌸

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for this great course. However I can’t download my certificate. I did all the section with 100% and I also did the final test. But it still doesn’t work. Do you know what I have to do ? :thinking:

Hello @memeathimon :wave:
We’re so glad that you found the course helpful!
Can I just double-check that you’ve followed point 2 and enrolled as explained in the first post of this thread? :slight_smile: If you don’t enrol, the platform will not let you take the final quiz and you won’t obtain the certificate. Give it a go and let me know if you still can’t download the certificate!

1 Like

Hi @_carolina Thank you for your message. It worked, I just retried to validate the test. I don’t know what was wrong yesterday.
Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great news :star2: Happy translating!

1 Like

Hi, guys. I’m currently taking a course but a couple of links are not working so can you please check:
https://www.fit-ift.org/search_gcse/?nf=true&q=wp+content+uploads+2013+03+T+I_Field_Guide_2012.pdf#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=wp%20content%20uploads%202013%2003%20T%20I_Field_Guide_2012.pdf&gsc.page=1

http://www.fit-europe.org/vault/deont/CODE_PROF_PRACTICE.pdf

Both are links to sources for codes of conduct in the “Humanitarian Translation” section.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, it’s me again. In the Types of TWB Translation, The Translation Process at TWB section, I noticed that the Tea and Consent video is not subtitled into Arabic. Is there a possibility for subtitling it into Arabic, please?
Thank You!

Hi @Hiba :blush:
Thank you for flagging these issues to me. I’ll look into them and raise your point about the Arabic subtitles. I hope you found the course interesting!

1 Like

Hello @Hiba :slight_smile:
I found this video on Youtube about Tea and Consent with Arabic subtitles, is it what you were looking for?

1 Like

@Gloria

Today, I have successfully completed the course “Introduction to Humanitarian Translation for Kató Translators”, and I’ve also downloaded the Certificate that was instantly issued. I’m very grateful.

I’d like to use this forum to encourage those who haven’t done that to do so. The course is very interesting and highly informative and insightful.

Many thanks, TWB!