I need help

Good afternoon. I joined your platform a few days ago.

I would like to be a volunteer translator. Unfortunately I cannot find any tasks to do, nor the “claimed task” section that I have read about in the community. In theory, I have seen that it should be next to the “home” button but I only have “Profile”.

I would like to do my first tasks in order to become a certified volunteer translator. Can you tell me if everything is OK and there are simply no tasks or if I have done something wrong?
My working languages are English, French and Italian.
I have already cleared all cookies and cache in my browser and I have sent an e-mail but I received no reply.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello, @lamonica.giulia.

Rest assured, cookies don’t stop us from getting tasks.

As a new user, you have access to tasks that are not restricted to verified translators. But it’s a competitive (also, rewarding) volunteer platform–tasks are usually claimed as soon as they are posted–especially if there are many volunteers in your language pair(s). So, keep an eagle eye, keep your task stream email notification on (under profile tab), and visit the platform every now and then, soon you’ll find enough tasks.

And hopefully, once you receive multiple positive feedbacks from your peers, you’ll get verified. As a verified translator, you’ll have access to the verified tasks, which I consider a TWB LoungeKey without holding a credit card (:credit_card:).

Did it help? If not, here you’ll find the usual and detailed answers. I could refer you straight to the link, but sometimes I like to talk, haha. :zipper_mouth_face:

Best
Sifat

5 Likes

Hi @lamonica.giulia, :raising_hand_woman: and welcome here to this incredible Community! :star_struck: :tada:

In addition to what @sifatnoor kindly said, and in my humble opinion, I think that you are facing the same problem that @Areej91 faced before. If so, you can check this thread if you would like, which includes helpful tips by @PauloRibeiro and @Aya.Alrifai. :innocent:

I hope this is helpful! :blush:

Have a great day! :sparkles:

Best regards. Lilav.

4 Likes

HI dear @lamonica.giulia and welcome to TWB! :star2:

I’m sorry for the issue you are facing :confused: as our kind @Lilav_Alarashi mentioned, the same issue happened with one of our new volunteers before in this thread :arrow_backward:

We couldn’t figure out where the problem was, but we suggested together some solutions that may work :innocent: you may want to take a look at that thread to see the discussion about it :eyes:

I copied the link of your claimed tasks Please let me know if it works :blush:

You may also find it useful to refer to the information that @sifatnoor kindly mentioned, and of course, your contribution is helpful :smiley:

Kind regards to everyone :orange_heart:

3 Likes

At this moment the situation it’s the same, but probably because there aren’t any tasks in my target language :woman_shrugging: I’m waiting, as you can see I check every day in this platform, like an addiction :joy:
I’ll let you know. Anyway, thank you all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi! My situation is the same, I’ve been registered to TWB in June but after all these months there are no tasks available yet!

1 Like

Hi @irenedellasiega :hugs:,

We are sorry to hear that. It actually has to do with the high demand some tasks have in our community when it comes to some specific language pairs. Tasks are taken quite rapidly :flying_saucer: by our volunteers when they require skills in English, Italian and Spanish for example.

We know this situation is not ideal, but don’t let yourself be disencourage by this :muscle:t4:. One option we can always recommend is to check if there are any projects on our Opportunities for Translators - Interpreters section :star2:, because new requests are being added all the time and sometimes there are really nice projects / offers :100: :eyes:.

I hope this helps.

Jessie

2 Likes

Struggling with the same problem! :thought_balloon:

4 Likes

Hi @ritadpmatos

I believe that two issues were discussed here :thinking:

:white_check_mark: Two of our volunteers surprisingly couldn’t find the “claimed tasks” button. That was the difference between how the upper bar looked and how it should have been :arrow_down:

In this case, we suggested adding the “claimed tasks” manually as a bookmark in the browser :bookmark:

:white_check_mark: Some translators can’t find available tasks to claim, because they are already claimed by other translators. Here is an example for an available task (where you can find “claim task” button) and an unavailable one :arrow_down:

In this case, you may just need to be patient & fast until you find a task to claim :eyes: this is because the translators are sometimes so fast and they catch the tasks available :running_man: so remember to keep an eye on the homepage

You can refer to our kind @Jessie_Cabrera_Roque 's explanation about the reason for not easily finding tasks

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any questions :innocent:

2 Likes

Thank you very much. How can I add the “claimed tasks” manually as a bookmark in the browser??? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here it is @lamonica.giulia (lamonica.giulia’s Claimed Tasks) please let me know if it works :innocent:

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Thank you!!! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

it’s great that it worked :smiley: most welcome :sunflower:

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem. I never see any tasks, I have the notifications set for daily and I check the website several times a day. I noticed that I can’t select Portuguese as a target language, as you can see on the picture below.

Hi @sara.gomes.s and welcome to TWB! :tada:

I could see that Portuguese is currently not among the target languages in the drop-down menu. Finding a certain language usually depends on whether there are tasks available for that language :confused:

I have checked your profile, and I can confirm that you have listed Portuguese as a target language. Once there are tasks available for this language, you’ll see it in the drop-down menu as well as the tasks available for it! :smiley:

Keep in mind that the homepage only shows tasks available at the time you are looking. If you cannot see any tasks, don’t worry. We post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out! :eyes: Also, keep checking your inbox to claim the tasks as soon as notification emails are sent to you :wink:

Please let us know if you have any questions, and best wishes :dizzy: :dizzy:

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer @Aya.Alrifai. I’ll wait for an available task :smiley:

1 Like