How to Undo on Kató

Hi, I am new to both Kató and CAT tools in general, and I am revising a translation at the moment. Can anybody tell me how to undo an action, please? I was trying to delete an extra space and accidentally deleted a tag. I know I can copy the tag from the source segment, but it would be useful to know if there is an “undo” option.

Thank you,

Virginia

Good afternoon, Virginia :slight_smile: and welcome to our community :partying_face: :heart:

Give a try to the CTRL + Z shortcut. I usually resort to it in these situations.

But first - in case you have already made changes to the translation and want to save them - I advise you to:

1 - Select the text you are revising;
2 - Use the CTRL + C shortcut to copy it;
3 - Use the CTRL + V shortcut to paste it in a notepad file (like the Windows notepad), for instance.

I always do this, just to be safe.

Have a great day, Virginia! :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

1 Like

Thank you on all counts, Andreia! I’ll try that. :smiley:

Regards,

Virginia

1 Like

You are welcome, Virginia :slight_smile: I’m glad I could help you a little. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Also, in case you haven’t already done that, please consider becoming a Kató Verified Translator. That way, you will have access to much more tasks! :smiley:

I hope this helps.

Have a great day, Virginia! :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

1 Like

Thank you, Andreia. The Ctrl+Z tip is proving to be very useful! Returning to translation after a few years’ break, getting my head around both Kató and Trados is proving harder than I had anticipated! :grimacing: :laughing:

Regards,

Virginia

2 Likes

Thanks a million @Virginia3 and @andfraz, it’s a pleasure to see you two cooperating :star:

1 Like