How to disable the automatic translation of the TM in Kato

Hi everybody! I am starting to use the Kato platform and it’s a bit annoying when you have to delete the automatic translations from the TM all the time (even with such poor concordaces as 30%). Is there any way to disable the automatic translation and enable it only as suggestions at the bottom? thank you in advance,

Manuel

Hi @ManuelSH, thank you for reaching out! I know the Kató TM suggestions are not always helpful, and I am looking into whether there is a way for translators to disable them. So far it seems that only PMs have the ability to disable them for entire projects, but not individual chunks of projects. I have reached out to a few of my colleagues to see if I can find any more information and I will be back in touch soon if I learn anything new :slight_smile:

Thanks once again and please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

I am working on chunk 8 of the project “Corporal Punishment of Children, Overview”

I don’t know if there is a way to deactivate the “translation matches” as they are so annoying!

And, how to leave a comment for this project in particular.

Thank you,
Nawal

Hi @nawal.sharabati, I’m sorry to hear the TM matches are getting in the way of your translation! I followed up on @ManuelSH’s question and was able to confirm that, unfortunately, they can be disabled for entire projects, but not individual chunks.

I see you already found the Kató Community topic for this task, and you can always find it in the future by going to your Claimed Tasks in Kató Platform and clicking on the link next to “Discuss this task in Kató Community” :slight_smile:

Thank you @oliviathayer for your reply!

I have to navigate Kato Platform more often to learn more!

Thanks!