How to become a TWB Verified Translator?

Hello, TWB Team!

I submitted my ES > PT test in April of last year, but it still hasn’t been reviewed. I’m aware that there have been changes in the verification process lately, but I was wondering if I could still get feedback for the test I took in 2020. My ProZ ID is 2833123. Thanks in advance!

Hi @CarmelaV thanks a lot for reaching out to us and I am very sorry you haven’t received your translation test results :confused:

Unfortunately, I checked and we don’t have any active ES>PT reviewers, so that’s why your test hasn’t been reviewed; however, since this is not a very popular language combination we receive requests for, you will be surely able to access all tasks even if you are not verified.

Apologies for this inconvenience! We’ll surely get back to you as soon as we find a suitable solution to this issue.

Thank you and have a great weekend ahead :cherry_blossom:

Hello,
I took the test for three language pairs back in March, and was wondering if you could give me an update on the results?
My proz profile link is: English to Spanish / German translator
Thank you for your time!

Hi @idoebold

Thanks for following up!

Unfortunately, your tests haven’t been reviewed yet. However, I’ll reach out to one of our volunteer reviewers to have your tests fast-tracked :+1:

Sorry about the wait, Isabel! Thanks for your patience :pray:

Hi @Silvia_Mauri and @charlotte1,

I hope you are doing well! :heart_eyes:

I’m asking about the result of my Arabic test! Is there any news?

It’s done few months ago and I didn’t receive any result yet!

Kind regards,
Dalia

3 Likes

Hi @Dalia1, thanks for reaching out and for following up on your test! :pray:

I’ve just sent you an email with all detailed information :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience and support, Dalia :sunflower: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Hi @Silvia_Mauri,

I will check it now! Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
Dalia

2 Likes

How can apply for the test???

1 Like

Hi @miguebello, firstly, welcome to the TWB community! :partying_face:

We no longer offer our volunteers the option to take a translation test to become verified. This is because we believe that the verification system we had in place is no longer sustainable for the size of our community.

However, you can still become a Verified Translator! You still have access to most tasks available in your language pair. You can find out more about how to become verified in the thread’s description at the top of the page :top:

We believe this system will grant a more meaningful and rewarding experience to all volunteers and it will allow unverified translators to work more on actual tasks and projects.

Thank you for your understanding and support, Miguel! Let us know if you have any questions or comments. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi everyone. I sat for the verification test (Spanish to French) a few months ago and haven’t heard back. Am I going to receive a feedback for my translation ?
Thanks !

1 Like

Hi @Cathie_Delouya

Thanks for following up on your test! I’d be happy to look into it if you could provide your Proz ID number?

This is the number at the end of your Proz profile URL :+1:

In the meantime, you still have access to tasks available in your language pairs!

Hi @charlotte1!

Thanks for answering ! My Proz number is 3213127 :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Cathie_Delouya

Unfortunately, your test hasn’t been reviewed yet! I’ll reach out to one of our volunteer reviewers to ask them to fast-track your test :+1:

We’ll get back to you as soon as it’s been reviewed!

1 Like

Thank you, keep me updated !

1 Like

Thank you all for your efforts in helping us become verified translators :smiley:
I hope to become a verified translator in more of my working pairs, so I’ll be sure to follow the steps necessary :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you, @kate! :hugs: I hope you’ll be able to find many tasks that interest you :nerd:

Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions :white_flower:

2 Likes

Hello everyone here hope you are doing well
Would like to know how long it takes to get a feedback to a given task submitted,
Because I already submit many tasks unfortunately I have not yet receive any reviews or feedback.

Can you know the reason?

1 Like

Hello @musevenifreddy001, :wave:

Congratulations on completing and submitting your tasks successfully. :star_struck:

Leaving feedback on translation tasks is not obligatory, so you will find so many translation tasks had been reviewed without any feedback.

:white_check_mark: However, TWB encourages volunteer reviewers to leave their feedback.

And if you’d like to view the feedback you received about a translation you completed, :arrow_right: here are a few steps, you can go to (Claimed Tasks) on your account page and select (Complete) in the (Task Status) menu. There you will see (Task Reviews) for each task you’ve completed or you can (download the Revised version).

That’s all I know ,or our kind @Silvia_Mauri :hibiscus: may correct what I mentioned above if I am wrong.

I hope you will find this helpful! :blush:

Best regards. Lilav.

4 Likes

Thank you @Lilav
For guiding me

1 Like

hi all

i just thought of something for the staff consideration :thinking:

perhaps there could be a pop-up window asking users if they wish to leave feedback for the revision task they’ve just submitted
:slight_smile:

thanks

2 Likes