How to become a TWB Verified Translator?

Hi Faretto,

I already checked in my Kató profile that my level has been updated. As for ProZ, I added this information to my CV, but I wondered if there would be a badge for that. It would be nice, don’t you think?

So, thank you very much for your answer.

Lúcia Falcão

2 Likes

Hi, I have completed several tasks but I’m not getting reviews, does that mean there is a problem or the revisors skip the review section?

2 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20,
if your tasks were revisions it is quite normal you don’t get any feedback. If your tasks were translations, that means exactly what you wrote: the revisor skipped that page.
Have a nice Sunday!

6 Likes

Hi @Lucia_Falcao

Unfortunately, we don’t have a badge to show verified translators right now. However, it would be a nice idea and we’ll take it on board! Thank you for your thoughts on this :star_struck:

You can actually embed your word badge in your ProZ profile, so it shows how many words you’ve translated with TWB. You can do that by following the steps in this thread here

Thanks again for your thoughts, Lucia! Have a great day :sunflower:

3 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20

I can confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said, that the feedback section isn’t obligatory for reviewers.

However, we strongly encourage reviewers to leave feedback because it helps translators improve and helps us to verify translators :smiley:

5 Likes

@faretto5 and @charlotte1 thank you, so if this continues, would there be any chance to become a verified translator? Obviously feedback is the only way to become one.

3 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20,
thank you for reaching out! I don’t know how long it will take to become verified in this way, but I am still waiting for test results I took last May. I can also think that there might be other ways to become verified such as language contests.
I hope this helps.
:shamrock:

4 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20

Revisers do often leave feedback on translations and so I’m sure you’ll receive feedback on your translations soon :star_struck:

And as @faretto5 said, we have many initiatives that translators can take part in :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi Charlotte!

It will be cool if you implement a badge to show verified translators.

As for my ProZ profile, I had already included my badge with the donated words, and I would like to add that the image update is dynamic, the procedure is done only the first time.

Thank you, and have a great week.

3 Likes

Hi @Lucia_Falcao

That’s great that you’ve got the word badge on your Proz profile already :star_struck: and thanks for letting us know that it’s updating automatically!

Have a great week too, Lucia :sunflower:

4 Likes

Hi!
I want to become verified for translating Indonesian> Spanish or Indonesian> English (or vice versa) but I never seem to see any tasks. After doing a search I have noticed there have been some projects in the past but I never got notified. Am I doing anything wrong? How can I ensure I pick up Indonesian tasks in the future?

2 Likes

Hi @tanyalwade

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t had access to many tasks recently :thinking:

If you can’t see any tasks on the homepage, it’s because there aren’t any tasks currently available!

I can see that your email notifications are set to Daily so you should be notified of all tasks. However, it may be that another translator claims the task before the email is sent out and so you never get the notification :face_with_monocle:

I would recommend that you open the TWB platform and have a look every now and then just to check if there are any tasks!

I hope this information helps, Tanya :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks so much Charlotte. I cant even see any tasks in any languages other than those I am verified in (English/Spanish). It’s so frustrating :frowning: Thank you for the help though!

2 Likes

Hello everyone,
I took the verification test 7 weeks ago and I didn’t receive my results yet, so is there something I should do?
thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Hi @HagerElbadawy

Thanks for following up on your test! I’ve just checked and unfortunately, we haven’t got the results yet

I’ll reach out to one of our volunteer translators this week to have the test fast-tracked, and once we have your results we’ll let you know :smiley:

In the meantime, you do have access to tasks available to non-verified translators in your language pairs!

Thanks for your understanding and patience, Hager :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot :smiley: :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Hi, I know you no longer use the verification test but I wanted to know if mine was ever processed, I took it in January. Also, I recently participated of the TWB Translation Contest during the Spanish Language Week to try to get verified faster, but I haven’t heard back from that either. I would appreciate if you have any update, thanks!

4 Likes

Dear Charlotte,
Hi! I hope this message finds you well. I am a verified translator ( from English to Arabic) TWB. However, I would like to widen my scope of translation. Therefore, I am looking for a test so that I can be a verified translator in Arabic to English.
Best regards,
Noamen Amara

3 Likes

Hi @noamenamara, thank you for your message :slight_smile:

We no longer offer the option to take a translation test to become verified. This is because we believe that the verification system we had in place was no longer sustainable for the size of our community.

However, in this thread above you can learn more about how to become verified :top:

Thank you for your support, Noamen - let us know if you have any other questions :tulip:

3 Likes

Hi @aloyolaheufemann, thanks a lot for following up on your test!

Unfortunately, we had a large backlog with the tests in your language pair, I am sorry you still haven’t received your results :confused: However, we are working on clearing it up and our Senior Reviewers are doing their best to go through all the previous tests :woman_technologist: :man_technologist:

We’ll surely contact you as soon as the results are in :crossed_fingers:

As per the Spanish translation contest, we are still processing the translations received - we’ll definitely share the winners and everything about it on the forum with the whole community and contact by email all new verified translators :star2:

7 Likes