How to become a TWB Verified Translator?

@faretto5 thank you so much for your help

2 Likes

@charlotte1 thanks a lot

2 Likes

Hello!

I took an English to Spanish test back in January. Is there any chance it has been reviewed already?

Thank you in advance? :heart:

3 Likes

Hi @andreea.pop212 :wave:

Thanks for reaching out about your test! Unfortunately, we haven’t got the results of your test just yet as we have a major backlog of tests in that language pair :roll_eyes:

But we haven’t forgotten about your test and our volunteer reviewers are working hard to get through them!

Once we have the results of your test, we’ll be in touch!

In the meantime you still have access to tasks available to non-verified translators in your language pairs and of course tasks available to verified translators in English to Romanian :star_struck:

Thanks for your patience, Andreea :pray:

2 Likes

Hi,

I just received an email congratulating me and saying that my English to Portuguese language combination level has been updated for the verified translator Kató. I´m very happy, but I´d like to know if this level can be shown on my profile and also shared on ProZ.

Thanks

Lúcia Falcão

5 Likes

Hi @Lucia_Falcao and welcome to our community!
Congratultaions for becoming verified, too! :boom:

In your TWB profile your level has certainly been updated and you can certainly write it in your cv in your ProZ profile too. I am also pinning our kind @Silvia_Mauri who tomorrow might give you more information.

In general this qualification is used to have access to more tasks within TWB projects, so that you can donate possibly more words and be elegible to get reference letters, namely after donating at least 20,000 words.

I hope this helps.
Have a nice evening!
:dizzy:

3 Likes

Hi @Lucia_Falcao

Firstly, welcome to the TWB community :wave: and congratulations on becoming Kató Verified!

As the kind @faretto5 has said, your level has been updated in your Kató Profile (you can see it says Kató Verified next to the language pair) and you can absolutely add this information to your ProZ profile!

Becoming verified will give you access to all tasks available in English to Portuguese, including revision tasks. There’s a lot of guidance in the Kató Community should you need it and you can always reach out and ask us questions too :star_struck:

Thanks for your support to TWB, Lúcia!

4 Likes

I received an email saying that I am now a verified translator but on my profile it appears as if I just made my account and it does not say that I am verified. I also am not able to see tasks that are available for completion. Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @primeron :wave:

Firstly, welcome to the TWB community and congratulations on becoming Kató Verified :boom:

I’ve moved your question to this thread on becoming a Kató Verified Translator.

Your Kató Profile shows that you are verified in the language pair Spanish to English (you can see that it says Kató Verified next to the language pair)

You can find all currently available tasks on the homepage and if there aren’t any tasks right now, don’t worry because we post new tasks all the time! So keep an eye out :eyes:

I hope you’re able to find an interesting project to get involved in soon, Nicole!

2 Likes

Hi, may I know is it a must to undergo the translation test? I have not sat for any test so far…

2 Likes

Hi @Yong_Chin

Thanks for reaching out!

The test was part of our verification system, however, we no longer offer the test because we’ve updated the verification system!

You can now become verified by receiving multiple positive feedback on your translations :smiley:

I’ve moved your post to this thread to read more about becoming a verified translator :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi Charlotte,

I already checked in my Kató profile that my level has been updated. As for ProZ, I added this information to my CV, but I wondered if there would be a badge for that. It would be nice, don’t you think?

So, thank you very much for your answer.

Lúcia Falcão

Hi Faretto,

I already checked in my Kató profile that my level has been updated. As for ProZ, I added this information to my CV, but I wondered if there would be a badge for that. It would be nice, don’t you think?

So, thank you very much for your answer.

Lúcia Falcão

2 Likes

Hi, I have completed several tasks but I’m not getting reviews, does that mean there is a problem or the revisors skip the review section?

2 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20,
if your tasks were revisions it is quite normal you don’t get any feedback. If your tasks were translations, that means exactly what you wrote: the revisor skipped that page.
Have a nice Sunday!

6 Likes

Hi @Lucia_Falcao

Unfortunately, we don’t have a badge to show verified translators right now. However, it would be a nice idea and we’ll take it on board! Thank you for your thoughts on this :star_struck:

You can actually embed your word badge in your ProZ profile, so it shows how many words you’ve translated with TWB. You can do that by following the steps in this thread here

Thanks again for your thoughts, Lucia! Have a great day :sunflower:

3 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20

I can confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said, that the feedback section isn’t obligatory for reviewers.

However, we strongly encourage reviewers to leave feedback because it helps translators improve and helps us to verify translators :smiley:

5 Likes

@faretto5 and @charlotte1 thank you, so if this continues, would there be any chance to become a verified translator? Obviously feedback is the only way to become one.

3 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20,
thank you for reaching out! I don’t know how long it will take to become verified in this way, but I am still waiting for test results I took last May. I can also think that there might be other ways to become verified such as language contests.
I hope this helps.
:shamrock:

4 Likes

Hi @bryaribrahim20

Revisers do often leave feedback on translations and so I’m sure you’ll receive feedback on your translations soon :star_struck:

And as @faretto5 said, we have many initiatives that translators can take part in :smiley:

5 Likes