How does the supervising work? (Questions from a new translator)

Hello!

My name is Alan, I am a student who stumbled upon TWB and I am very excited about starting my journey! I have been looking at volunteer opportunities because my college is offering some support for students who complete 100 hours of volunteer work during the winter break. I was wondering if there is anyone who I would be able to reference my time commitment to, like a supervisor, who could reference my hours once completed?

Any insight would help me a lot! Also, if you have some advice for me I would greatly appreciate it! I just submitted my English to Spanish test, so I am waiting for the results to come so I can start more projects.

Thank you,

Alan

2 Likes

Good evening, @acasey :first_quarter_moon_with_face: - and, first all, welcome to our community! :partying_face: :tada:

I’m happy you are eager to volunteer with TWB. :smiley: As a fellow volunteer, I can tell you that there’s no place like TWB. :heart:

:white_check_mark: On TWB, your work as a volunteer is always recognized.

But, answering specifically to your question, I think your work can be referenced in hours instead of donated words, yes.

You may find this thread interesting: Looking for an internship with TWB?. Have a look from post 13 on. :face_with_monocle:

:calendar: Regarding your test, please note that it can take up to 3-4 weeks for your test to be reviewed.

I’m also tagging our kind @JoannaW, as she may want to add something. (Thanks in advance, Joanna :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:).

Thank you very much for being part our community, Alan. :smiley: :+1:

Have a great evening! :star2:

6 Likes

Hi @acasey thank you so much for your message and welcome to the TWB community :sunny:

I have just sent you an email with more information about how we confirm translators’ contribution at TWB :blush:

You can surely follow all the suggestions that our lovely @andfraz shared with you, thank you Andreia for your kind support :heart_decoration:

Do let us know if you have any other questions, Alan! We are happy to help :dizzy:

3 Likes