Hello to everyone!

Hi, :slightly_smiling_face:
I am recently new here, my name is Vivi and I am trying to find tasks from English to Italian or vice versa and even something to edit, but I am getting lost, it seems difficult to find something to translate or at least for me. Could anyone please tell me how the tasks work?

Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello, Vivi.
First, make sure you set your notifications or mail alert for your pair language to daily so you’ll know there is a task available for Italian. Also, keep in mind that some languages are less requested than others.
Keep an eye on the projects. When there is a new project that you can claim, you will be notified. Claiming the task is easy. Just open the link in your e-mail, and if you are sure it’s a task you want to work on, confirm that you accept to work on it.
The translator’s toolkit is really helpful to get you started on claiming tasks.
Good luck!:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you @elena.duca7! I have followed your advices, though I think you are right perhaps my languages matches are not so required. Thank you again :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are very welcome.
I have trouble finding tasks in my pair language also, even with daily alerts. If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know, otherwise the volunteer staff is very helpful and I’m sure they could help you even more.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I see…that’s a shame hopefully something will come up later for both of us! :crossed_fingers:
Thank you again, :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Vivi and thank you for reaching out! :dizzy:

I’m sorry if you haven’t found tasks recently, we know it’s sometimes challenging to find tasks, but as @elena.duca7 kindly mentioned, the availability of tasks actually varies from time to time, depending on our partners’ requirements.

However, we do recommend that you keep checking the homepage, and following these instructions to sign up to receive email notifications Elena mentioned when tasks are available in your language pairs, this should help to increase the chance to find tasks :innocent:

You can also keep our Translator’s Manual as a reference for more guidance on our workflow :notebook_with_decorative_cover:

Hope you can catch your first task soon! And if you need any further assistance, please let us know :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you @Aya.Alrifai for your suggestions! :slight_smile:

I really hope I will be able to help in some translations or revisions in the future, but for now I understand that my languages pairs are not so requested. :thinking: However I am checking the emails day by day and I have took part in the introduction course! :smiley:

Thank you again! :smiley: