Community Recognition Program

Be patient, take as many projects as you can and believe me, you’ll be there (maybe quicker than you thought)…Just a peer’s advice :wink:

5 Likes

Are you my 1 million words peer? :open_mouth:

Not yet :wink: I’m still at 686.890 words in 2 years

5 Likes

Hi Ambra
Up to the moment I have not received my Proz recognition.
Any clues?

Hi,
Can someone explain how recognition points work? I have over 50K words on Kato platform, and over 37K on TWB workspace. But monthly email says I have only 32K points. How and where can I find out if I reach 50K point threshold or not?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi @Lum_Nan :sunny: that’s a great question!

Firstly, the word count in Kató Platform is the combined word count of work done in Workspace and Kató Platform. The Workspace word count is for work completed in Workspace only. If you would like more information on this please visit this thread.

Regarding the points, for your recognition program you receive 1 point for every word you translate, and 0.5 points for every word you revise.

I hope this clears things up for you, but please let us know if you have any further questions :slight_smile:

Hi Ambra, nice to meet you! I’ve been searching for EN-ES translations but I know they’re hard to find. Do you know if I can make any contributions with test reviews? I’d love to offer some help. Thanks in advance!

Hello @Juan_Martin :blush:
I know that you’ve taken the EN>ES test to become a Kató Verified Translator, if you pass it you’ll have access to all our tasks including the revision tasks and I’m sure you’ll have more luck finding tasks. We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible :zap: in the meantime keep looking, and thanks for your desire to help!

3 Likes

Could you explain me more about the recognition program.
Thank you so much
Lourdes

Hi Lourdes, how are you? All the information is in this thread, but if you have specific questions we would gladly answer them, just let us know!

Let me know the minimum word count enough to obtain a reference letter from you.

1 Like

Good afternoon, @Myo :sun_with_face: and, first of all, welcome to our community :partying_face: :heart:

You can ask for a reference letter from TWB when you have contributed a minimum of 20,000 words.

Please see the Kató Translators Recognition Program for more information.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Have a great Sunday, Myo!

4 Likes

Hi all,
I am writing because I sent an e-mail for a recommendation on Linkedin, but I did not receive it. Thank you in advance for your help

Hi @faretto5, our wonderful Senior Community Officer, @ambra, who handles LinkedIn references is currently on holiday :beach_umbrella: But when she’s back she will handle this for you :slight_smile: Thanks for your patience Lucia!

2 Likes

Hi I have reached +20000 works and would like to have a reference letter. How can I request for that?

Hi @xs19588 amazing, congratulations! :tada: I will put this request in for you and we’ll send you a reference letter in the coming days.
Thank you for your incredible support Natalie! :star2:

1 Like

Dear TWB Staff,
I will apply for the Korean Government Scholarship Program, therefore, I need to reference letter. Even after I would do master’s; could I request a reference letter again?
Thanks in Advance

2 Likes

Hi @serhanb that sounds exciting! We’d be happy to put together a reference letter for you :star2: This letter details your word count, the NGO partners you’ve contributed to, and the date you joined TWB. We’ll send it to you in the coming days :slight_smile:

We only provide updated reference letters every 20,000 words (otherwise, we’d be providing them to everyone all the time :wink: ). If you have contributed almost 40,000 words by the time you apply for your master’s you are most welcome to request another letter! If not, you could always use the same letter.

3 Likes

@JoannaW thank you so much. I won’t wait to request my reference letter for this moment. Because I want to be involved in more projects before. Best wishes

2 Likes

Hi @JoannaW,
Could I apply for a new one, complete and up to date referente letter to replace the one at LinkedIn and other places I could want?
As complete I do make reference to words donated (more than 1K), NGOs and anything else that can enhance my profile in general.
Many thanks in advance,

1 Like