GALA scholarship for translation, localizacion, and interpreting students or recent graduates

Are you a student or recent graduate of translation, localization, and interpreting programs? GALA has announced the Rising Star Scholarship for 2019! The two winners will be awarded a trip to Munich to attend GALA’s annual Language of Business conference, including full conference registration, hotel and travel fees on 24-27 March.

Attending the conference is a great opportunity to learn about important trends from industry thought-leaders and make connections with translation and localization professionals. :top:

To apply for the scholarship, you need to submit an original essay (1200-1500 words in English) by 8 January 2019 at 11:57 pm PST, considering the following question: What should stakeholders in the language industry do to prepare themselves for the machine learning evolution? What will be the role of the humans?

You can learn more and apply here. Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

This conference is absolutely interesting!

Conference Fees are very high - here - being GALA a non-profit:
« The Globalization and Localization Association (GALA) is a global, non-profit trade association for the language industry » - here.

TWB is in the current GALA Member Directory - here.
Are TWB volunteers’ translations used somehow to improve Machine Translation (MT) ?

Hi Cristina, as far as I know, the translations we produce improve our MT and Matecat’s, which is a free tool. @mirko is our Head of Technology and the expert on the matter and can correct me if I am wrong :slight_smile: