First translation

Hello there, I’m new at Translators without Borders and apparently, there are no tasks available for me, is that normal?

Yamila

2 Likes

Hi Yamila,

Welcome in our great community first of all! :heart_eyes

Regarding your question, You have to be a Kato verified translator to get more tasks!

So, I recommend to do the Kato verified test as much as soon to receive more tasks!

Kind regards,
Dalia

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to become a Kató Verified Translator?

Hi Dalia, thank you so much for your kind answer. I hope you’re doing well. I’ve already done the test to become a verified translator, but I haven’t received the result yet. I think I must wait, however, I thought I could start translating without being a verified translator considering the fact that there are many translations needed with my pair of languages - English and Spanish.

Yamila C.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Translation test follow-up

Hi! Everyone :wave:t2:
We do almost have the same issues, but I believe in the next few times we’ll get our test results back. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you all

Al-amin Abba

1 Like

Hi @correayamilanoelia welcome to the TWB community! :sunny:

Thank you for taking our translation test, it will take up to 3-4 weeks to be reviewed; we’ll contact you as soon as the results are in :slight_smile:

You are right, in the meantime, you can still access the tasks available to non-verified translators that match your language pair. :+1:

If you haven’t yet, please take a look at our Translator’s Toolkit; there, you will find all the information you need to get started with us :toolbox:

Thank you for joining us, Yamila! Do let us know if you have any questions :star2:

2 Likes

Hi @Al-amin_Abba, thanks for your message :blush:
It can take up to 3-4 weeks for tests to be reviewed, but if you want to follow-up with your test, you can leave a message at this thread: Translation test follow-up :nerd_face:

Thank you for joining us, Al-amin, let us know if you have any questions!

3 Likes

Hi Yamila,

I hope you are doing well!
Yes, I think there are many tasks in your language pair too. I remember that I was not receive many tasks before being a verified translator.

I wish you all the best! :heart_eyes:

Regards,
Dalia

2 Likes

Silvia,

Thank you for your answer. I will have to wait for the result. Unfortunately, the result will probably arrive after my month off work.

I hope I can start translating here as soon as possible. Have a great year!

Yamila C.

2 Likes

@Silvia_Mauri
Thank you for your precious time I do appreciate😇
I’ll be following it up time to time before its limited time.
Nice to meet you.

2 Likes