Find and Claim a task on the TWB Platform

Hi @musevenifreddy001, thanks for your message :slight_smile:

Apologies for this inconvenience - sometimes this might happen when the PMs need to implement changes to the project and need to revoke it.

I see you have already claimed many tasks to work on, so I am sure you can support us with these other tasks :raised_hands: Thank you!!

1 Like

Hey@Silvia
Thank you for the message .

1 Like

Thanks for your support :relaxed: :smiley:

Hello! I just claim a task and I wasnā€™t redirected to the page on which I am supposed to click on the button ā€œYes, I promise I will translate this fileā€.

Is it because I need to be approved by the project manager first? or how can I access that page so that I am sure I am in charge of translating that task? Thanks!

2 Likes

hi

you donā€™t need to be approved for your translation
it must be a technical glitch
iā€™m sure the kind TWB staff will respond asap

2 Likes

Hello @OrielaB and welcome to TWB! :star2:

:white_check_mark: As @soke35 kindly mentioned, you donā€™t need to be approved to do a translation work. I believe that by the time you wanted to claim the task, another volunteer had already claimed it. Another possible reason is that the task you wanted to claim is only available for verified translators.

:white_check_mark: There are always several choices of tasks to claim for sure! If youā€™d like to learn more about how to claim a task, take a look at this tutorial.

:white_check_mark: Also, you may find it useful to take a look at the translatorā€™s toolkit that includes information and instructions on how to use the TWB Platform.

Please let us know if you have any questions :innocent:

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Aya.Alrifai!

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!

So I claimed my first task here, but I canā€™t find it anywhere. There is no (claimed task) option on the bar (between home and profile). I would appreciate your help! I closed the browser before I clicked on (Translate using Memsource), so how can I find the task I claimed and start translating it with the TWB Memsource account? Because I have to use the Memsource TB for this task

Thank you!

Areej

1 Like

Hi @Areej91 !

When you claim a task, they send you an email with the URL of the project. Check if you received it.

I hope it helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a good day!

3 Likes

Hi @Areej91 ! I replied to your post in this thread. Kindly refer to it :sunflower: :innocent:

1 Like

Good morning Alessandra, Iā€™m new to TWB! This information is very useful. Iā€™m trying to search for available tasks but I cannot see any (with or without language filter), do I need to do something in order to start working on projects?
Thank you!

Hello, I claimed a task but it did not appear the ā€œconfirmation buttonā€; why is that happen?
Maybe I did not claim well the task? :thinking:
Thank you in advance for your time and answer.

1 Like

Hi @abby.mont and welcome to TWB! :tada:

I checked your claimed tasks and Iā€™m afraid that I didnā€™t find any task claimed by you :confused: it seems that it was a matter of seconds when you were about to confirm claiming the task and another translator claimed it just before you did :sweat_smile: but no worries, thereā€™s always a chance to find new tasks, keep an eye on the homepage and the notification email you receive to catch another task soon :wink:

Hi @MCI and welcome to TWB! :partying_face:

I can confirm that everything is working fine for you :+1: :100: :white_check_mark: but now the homepage only shows the tasks available in the language pairs you listed in your profile, so now, with or without filters, you can only see the tasks in the language pair English to Spanish, and if you canā€™t see tasks, it means that there are no tasks on the time youā€™re looking :eyes: but if you keep an eye on the homepage and the notification emails you recive, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find some tasks soon! :wink:

I cannot find tasks either. Not only in my language pair, but no translation tasks at all. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for helpā€¦

Hi @Miruschki and welcome to TWB! :tada:

Actually the homepage now only shows the tasks available in the language pairs you listed in your profile, so now, with or without filters, you can only see the tasks in the language pair German to French. \Thatā€™s why Iā€™d suggest that you add other language pairs, English to German, and French to German for instance :wink:

If you canā€™t see tasks, it means that there are no tasks on the time youā€™re looking :eyes: but if you keep an eye on the homepage and the notification emails you receive, you may find some tasks soon! :innocent:

I hope this helps! :sunflower:

1 Like

Thanksļ¼This problem also perplexed me.

1 Like

Hello,
I donā€™t know whatā€™s happening this morning but I cannot claim a task. I have tried with 3 or 4 different tasks and got the same error : Warning: This task can no longer be claimed, the job has been removed from Memsource and will soon be removed from here.
Is there a problem on the platform or is it just me ?
Thanks for your help

Hi @MarionF abd welcome to our community! :sunflower:

As you rightly said, there was a number of tasks that were posted and removed later due to the cancellation of the project. Otherwise, this is an exceptional thing that happened and thereā€™s no issue from your end, so no worries :hugs:

Hope you have the chance to find new tasks soon! :dizzy:

Hello,

Could please anyone explain why I donā€™t have any tasks for translation / revision on my home page? Iā€™ve put 4 languages and their different pairs to increase the range, still nothing