Find and Claim a task on the TWB Platform

How can I find tasks on the TWB Platform?

All available translation tasks will be displayed on the TWB Platform homepage unless you use the filter options. You can set your language pairs on the homepage by selecting your source and target language from the drop-down list. Please note that the drop-down list only includes languages for which tasks are currently available.

If no tasks are currently available for your language pair/s, please make sure to set up email notifications so you will be alerted of new tasks as soon as they become available.

If there are no tasks for you, you will see this message:

How can I claim a task?

1. Click on the task title to get to the task page
  2. Click Claim in the top right corner
  3. Review the information on the download page (screenshot below)
  4. Click ‘Yes, I promise I will translate this file’ to claim the task

You can also watch our video tutorial for more information.

:rotating_light:When translators register to work with TWB, they also agree to the Translator Code of Conduct and commit to deliver the highest standard of professional translations. ​They also commit to only undertake work they are competent to perform in the languages and subject areas for which they are qualified. :rotating_light:

18 Likes

Hello,

Is it really necessary to have a verified account in ProZ in order to start translating? Because I’ve just registered and I dont know if I have to do that.
Thank you in Advance

4 Likes

Hi @Daniela014, thank you for reaching out! No, you do not need to be verified in order to start claiming and working on tasks :slight_smile: However, some tasks are restricted to verified translators only, so verified translators will have more access to tasks. If you’d like to learn more about becoming verified or submitting a translation sample, you can do so here.

1 Like

Hello,

Before claiming a task I wanted to preview it, to be sure I can translate it, but I can’t. I just have the “Yes, I promise I will translate this file” button.
I there another way to preview the file?

Thank you for your help
VĂ©ronique

Hello Veronique, it seems that there is a glitch for some projects and the platform doesn’t allow preview, but this should only happen in very rare instances. In this case, you can always write a message in the corresponding forum thread to ask the PM to give you the file to preview

1 Like

Thank you Ambra.
I will do so

Hello! most I wait for an email before claiming a task?

1 Like

Hello! No need to wait for an email, you can use the filter option to find available tasks and claim them :wink:

1 Like

Alright, thank you very much.

Hi, how do you view the full untranslated version of the file as well as the segmented version? thanks

1 Like

Hi, its okay, apologies i ve found out how to do that. Have a good day! Vanessa

No problem, Vanessa! Thank you for taking the time to find the solution :slight_smile: we’re here if you need anything, and welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Hello,
Where can I find subtitling tasks, please?..My language pairs are : Arabic- English- Arabic.

Hi @Areej, thank you for reaching out! Subtitling tasks are quite rare. :thinking: Maybe @Muhannad9222, @Muhannad will know if we have any ta the moment?

2 Likes

Thank you very much for replying :blossom::blossom::blossom:

2 Likes

Thank you for tagging me @NataliaG
@Areej, like Natalia said, there aren’t usually many subtitling tasks. In any case, subtitling tasks are usually communicated by the project managers via email. So you’ll be notified as soon as one becomes available. Thank you for your enthusiasm!

1 Like

Thank you very much.

@Muhannad Good evening
 I am sorry if I am bothering you
 But I’d like to know if there any translation tasks from Arabic into English? and if there, where could I find them?