Find and Claim a task on the TWB Platform

me,too Have you deal with it?

Not sure if this question is addressed to me…if so, as Joanna mentions, the tasks don’t appear on the main page because for that specific pair, I am not a verified translator, and the clients for those tasks have requested they be completed by someone who is verified. I am planning on writing the test over the weekend, in the hopes of getting access to more tasks. :slight_smile: If you are encountering the same issue as I am, I am guessing it’s because you aren’t verified for a certain language pair and the client has requested a verified translator (this is based on my understanding of Joanna’s response above).

1 Like

Thanks for your help,I am guessing the result of my issue as you have is that I am not verified .I am gonna to take the test now.

Hi @Melissa1 :slight_smile:
What you guessed is partially true. If you don’t see any available tasks in your language pair it means that currently there aren’t any tasks which match the language combinations you listed. Please check the Available tasks tab regularly as new projects are uploaded every day. You can also turn your email notifications on to receive updates when a task in your language pairs becomes available.
Being a Kató Verified Translator gives you access to all Translation and Revision tasks. I strongly encourage you to take the test because it’s likely you’ll find more tasks as a Verified Translator. I hope this makes sense, please reach out if something was unclear :blush: and good luck with the test! :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

What should I do,to be a volunteer translator in TWB.

2 Likes

Good afternoon, @tasneemkhaled065 :slight_smile: and first of all, welcome to our community :partying_face: :heart:

Basically, all you need to be a volunteer translator in TWB is:

• To be fluent in at least :two: languages

• have some time spare time to work on translation (and, eventually, revising) tasks :clock1:

• A great desire to help :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_man:

How can you get started?

:one: - Make sure you read the Translator Code of Conduct carefully :face_with_monocle:

:two: - Update your language combinations (FAQs) and complete your profile :computer_mouse:

:three: - Claim your first task :running_woman: :running_man: - (here’s how to do find and claim tasks: video tutorial and FAQs ).

Please have also a look at the Welcome pack for Kató Translators. :gift: There, you will find all the useful information you need; I’m just including a few suggestions here, to help you get started.

By the way, if you become a Kató Verified Translator :white_check_mark:, you will have access to more tasks. All you need to know about it is on this thread: How to become a Kató Verified Translator?

Please let me know in case you have any further questions. I’d be happy to help. :slight_smile:

Thank you for joining our wonderful community and for wanting to be a volunteer with TWB! :heart:

Have a great Wednesday! :sun_with_face:

8 Likes

Hello everyone! I am a student of translation and since last year I started, I became a part of the TWB Kato Community. My languages pairs are English- Greek, Greek-EngIish, French-English, English- French, Greek-French. In my profile, I have asked to receive task stream e-mail updates daily but they aren’t coming often. When I receive them the tasks are already claimed from someone else. How can I receive and claim more tasks? I have been wondering how can I become a verified kato translator? Are there any tests that I could do for any language pair and thus receive more translations projects to that language pair? I can’t become a verified kato translator through a membership to any organisation of translators and send the certification because I am still student. I want through the organisation such as Translators without borrdes to help other people and gain experience for my professional career.
Can someone help me and answer these questions, please? Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @Panayiota_Mavroudi,
thank you for reaching out! I moved your message to this one about how to find and claim a task. You basically need to check the homepage www.trommons.org and log in as often as you can.
At the moment there are no tests to become a verified translator. You will became verified once you receive good reviews for your translations. I hope this helps.
Have a nice we!
:herb:

2 Likes

@faretto5 ok thank you very much for your reply and help!! I hope you have a nice week too!!

2 Likes

Hi @Panayiota_Mavroudi :wave:

I am sorry you haven’t had access to tasks recently!

The homepage only shows tasks available at the time you are looking. If you cannot see any tasks in your language pairs, don’t worry. We post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

I see you are signed up to receive task stream emails. You will receive an email when tasks are available in your language pairs :email:

I can also confirm what the kind @faretto5 has said, that once you receive multiple positive feedback on your translations, we can consider verifying you this way :smiley:

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions, Panayiota :star2:

3 Likes

@charlotte1 Thanks Charlotte as well for your reply. I will have my eye for any tasks to translate in the future!!

3 Likes

Hello all! I’ve been reading many articles and posts since I set up my account, but I still have a few points of confusion. My language pair is French to English, and I understand that there might not be any tasks available, but I’m not able to see any tasks at all. My email notifications are set, also. Did I do something wrong in the registration process? Or is it common to not see any tasks listed on the homepage? Will it only show tasks for the languages set in your profile?

Sorry about all of the questions and thank you for reading!! :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @nikaroseb,
thank you for reaching out and welcome to the TWB community!
It is quite usual not to find avaliable tasks, maybe now more as we are going to start a new translating tool. There are no tasks available for me now even if I am a verified translator.
So,I would advise you to be patient and keep an eye out either on the homepage or on the community.
I hope this helps.
Have a grat day!

2 Likes

Hi @nikaroseb

Welcome to the TWB Community :hugs:

I’ve just had a look and your profile is set up correctly. However, as the kind @faretto5 said, if you can’t see any tasks on the homepage then it simply means that there are no available tasks in your language pairs!

The homepage will only show tasks in your language pairs. But don’t worry because we post new tasks all the time so I hope you’ll be able to find something interesting to work on soon :smiley:

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions, Annika!

2 Likes

Hi @faretto5, thank you so much! I appreciate you sharing your perspective as a verified translator. That’s exactly what I needed.

Same to you! :sunny:

3 Likes

Hi @charlotte1, thank you for checking my profile! I was hoping someone would. :blush: I really appreciate the support!

Have a great day :star:

2 Likes

Hi! I’m sorry for using this created topic but I need help!

Today I signed up as a volunteer, but I am not able to visualize any task to carry out the translation, and I don’t know what to do…

2 Likes

Hi
You can sign up for daily updates or check-in regularly to see if there are any.
Not all tasks are available at all times.
Hope this helps
:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Hi @heinrickprofeta

Thanks for your message and welcome to TWB!

You can find lots of useful information in the Translator’s Toolkit to help you get started :toolbox: :hammer_and_wrench:

Additionally, you can only see tasks on your homepage if there are tasks available in your language pairs! So, if you cannot see any tasks then it simply means that there are no tasks currently available.

But don’t worry because we post new tasks all the time, so keep an eye out :eyes:

As @soke35 has said, you will also receive email notifications when there is a task available in your language pair!

I hope this information is helpful, let us know if you have any other questions!

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

I signed up a few days ago and my language pairs are English-French, French-English and Spanish-English. However I check every single day if there are tasks available for me (I have chosen to receive notifications daily) but every time I see that I’m not given any tasks. How to receive more tasks?

2 Likes