Filter Available Tasks not working

Hi, before I log in, there is a long list of tasks but when I log in these disappear and the filter task stream no longer works. The platform automatically says ‘There are currently no tasks available for your language combinations’ before I select my languages. Maybe this is a new improvement to save users time, but even when I select language combinations for tasks that I can see are available (before I log in), it doesn’t show these when I then select ‘filter task stream’ for those languages. I am concerned I could be missing tasks in my language combination if the filter isn’t working… Has anyone else noticed this? Many thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Susan1,
this is the new way: everything is automatic. The machine knows our combiations and abilities and automatically filters the tasks that are available for us. I hope this might help. :wave:

3 Likes

Hi @Susan1, thanks for your message. The lovely @faretto5 is right, it simply means there are no tasks currently available in your language pair :confused:

I have checked your profile and everything looks good, so I can confirm you aren’t missing out on any tasks in your language pair. I’m sure something will pop up for you soon! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you @faretto5 and Joanna. It was because it was working differently to how it used to that I was concerned, but it’s great to know it now filters automatically - it will save a lot of time now we don’t have to type in our languages :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Joanna, I have the same problem. Everyday, since I became verified, I check if there are new task for me, but the platform keeps saying platform ‘There are currently no tasks available for your language combinations’. How is that possible? Is it normal that there aren’t task for EN>IT?

Hi @AngelaG thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately you’re right, there are no EN>IT tasks currently available. The demand for translations really depends on the needs of our NGO partners. Nonetheless, we post new tasks all the time, so I’m sure some tasks will appear for you soon! :crossed_fingers:

Your profile looks all good and as you are a verified translator in this language pair you’ll have access to all tasks when they are available :star2:

1 Like

Ok, thank you very much Joanna!

1 Like