Feedback on your translations on the TWB Platform

@ElenaF @Aya.Alrifai Thank you both for your replies! I’ll be patient and keep trying my best then :hugs:

3 Likes

Hi @vitorneves

Firstly, thank you so much for caring about leaving feedback on the translation work, this is much appreciated :star2: :star2:

Please refer to the message that @ElenaF kindly posted to know how to leave feedback for the tasks.

And if you can’t find these links and are still interested in leaving feedback for previous tasks, please let me know so I send the relevant links to you :innocent:

1 Like

Hi all, I am not sure wether I am on the right channel to comment my following question.
I have just seen that my first task was revised and downloaded the revised version. How can I get a comparison of my text and final text? I did not get any review, is this normal?
Many thanks and receive my warmest regards from Barcelona, Spain.
Aurélie

1 Like

Hi @frenchorely :wave:

Thank you for reaching out, and for completing your first task! :star2:

I’ll send you an email in a couple of days to let you know how to compare the translation you submitted to the revised revision :innocent:

2 Likes

Hi dear @Aya.Alrifai ,
Seems you are an active member of this community as your name is so familiar to me now :slight_smile:
I cannot wait to receiving your email.
Thanks for your follow up.
Warm Barcelona regards

1 Like

Hi @Aya.Alrifai,
I would also be interested in that information - could you send it to me as well, please?
Thank you dearly in advance :slight_smile:

Best wishes and warm regards
Melanie

1 Like

Hi @Melanie.gertheinrich :cherry_blossom:

Of course, I’ll reach out to you soon :blush:

2 Likes

I followed the steps but I did not find anything. the task was my first one and completed from five days.

Hi @yasmenelazab84, congratulations on completing your first task. Please note that providing feedback is not mandatory and although we recommend that our revisers provide feedback to translators, some of them do not.

Thank you again for the work that you are doing to support us!

Chris

1 Like

Thanks for responding for my question.

Hi,
I’m not sure this is the best section in which to ask this question, but…
I see one of my translations has been revised & reviewed. Do you know if and how I can see modifications or comments made on my work?

Thanks a lot!

Matthieu.

Hello Matthieu, how are you? I moved your comment here so you can check this thread (especially, the first message) and find all the information you need. If you have further questions, we’re happy to answer them!

1 Like

Great Ambra, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Unfortunately, just as some other volunteers, I have received feedback which I considered unfair. And it was “almost” humiliating…

I did my best to review my work more than twice to find possible mistakes and correct them in advance before submitting the file. However, I received the following feedback: “The translator was not Brazilian. Besides, there were grammar and omission errors”.

Therefore, I downloaded the “complete revised version” to compare with the one I submitted, but I didn’t notice any considerable changes.

So, I would really appreciate receiving another feedback, but a fair and constructive one, because I do not see how contesting my nationality helps to improve my work quality.

Could someone please help me to clarify this situation? :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Hey @JeSantos , so sorry for this. Kindly write to us at translators@translatorswithoutborders.org with all the details and we shall look into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply and help @MegNyakwakaTWB! I will email you. :smiley:

Hello everyone,
I was thinking if it’s normal to not reach any feedback since the beginning, and I’m curious if there is anything I can do.
Thanks in advance.

Hello @bihteryolsever,

However much we encourage our community (mostly those working on revision tasks) to provide feedback some of them don’t, there are some volunteers who regularly provide feedback but there are also those that do not.

That said, we are also working on some ideas to improve this and we are open to suggestions from the community. How do you think we can improve this?

Best regards,
Chris

1 Like

Hello Chris,

I thought it could be a technical error or something like that because I translated 13,000 words without any feedback. I’m just surprised.

I know how TWB encourages their people, and I like many details about it. I believe in all these people who are trying and contributing.
Perhaps an informational mail to all translators, including volunteers, about the importance of providing feedback and how progressive it is for a non-professional translator would be helpful. (Of course, I’m not sure of its effectiveness, but it’s just an idea.)

Thanks for the support.
Bihter

1 Like

Hello @bihteryolsever, thank you very much for this suggestion. We have definitely taken note, and we shall consider it. Thanks again @bihteryolsever!

1 Like