Duplicate Project on TWB Platform

Hi! I hope this is the right category for my question.

For a while, there has been a segmentation project floating around in the English/German translation space of TWB platform titled “Capacitar Refugee Accompaniment for Germany”. This task has been unclaimed for months and I strongly suspect it is because a task with exactly the same title has already been segmented and translated (I know this because I translated a chunk of it myself).

Is there any way to check why the task has popped up again/whether it actually needs work? If not, is there a way to delete it from the task stream? As the notification email for it has repeatedly come in for weeks now, it’s getting a bit tiring so I wanted to check back on this matter.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for checking in @gina.ziebell! I’m tagging @Joe one of our PMs who might have more information on this project.

1 Like

Thanks! @Paulina, @Joe

@gina.ziebell Thanks for your message, and just a quick tip for future reference, you will always get a faster response if you tag PMs, as doing so will send them a notification.

So, regarding your query, I have been having a look around Trommons and cannot find another job with exactly this name. There are jobs with very similar names, as all jobs from this partner general contain the words “Capacitar Refugee” & “Germany.” However, there seems to be only one job with this name (please see screenshot) and therefore I don’t think this is a duplicate

Thank you so much for flagging this, we appreciate you taking the time to contatc us :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Joe

Hi @Joe,

Thanks for your response and the hint! :slight_smile:

I just went to check the file for which the notification keeps sending. It contains the exact segment I’ve translated a few months ago which I think shows up in the screenshot you attached as “5 German Acupressure Points for Healing Stress and Trauma” – the other segments I can see in the screenshot also look like they might come straight from the current file. Possibly no other job with this name is showing up because the unclaimed file is yet to be segmented?

Sorry, I do realize I’m being annoyingly persistent with this… I’m just very confused as to why another version of this project is still floating around when it appears that something at least extremely similar has already been completely translated back in 2017. If the answer is that the currently unclaimed file is just a new version of the project file, that is fine, just trying to understand the background here. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your help!
Gina

@gina.ziebell, thank you for your message. @Paulina also believes this job may be a duplicate. I will contact the partner to find out what’s going on.

Many thanks!

Joe