Doubt

I accept a task to translate and i didn’t realize that it was mozambique portuguese.
I’m a native speaker of brasil portuguese.
I would like to keep translating my tasks
May i do this?

2 Likes

Hi @deniswelker9122,

Thanks for joining to our amazing community! :slight_smile:

For sure you can unclaim your task if you feel that you are not comfortable or you can’t do your best because of any reason! Simply, go to your claimed tasks section then go to your task and choose unclaim task! (you will find this bar very clear in your claimed tasks section).

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Have a great day! :sunrise_over_mountains:

Kind regards,
Dalia

1 Like

Oh! I think I misunderstood your question!

If you feel that you can translate them with a good quality, just continue working on them! :slight_smile:

BTW, I think they just write the name of the dialect randomly for all projects because we use only the formal language in all our tasks!

Regards,
Dalia

1 Like

Hi @deniswelker9122 and welcome to TWB :tada:

As @Dalia1 kindly mentioned, you can unclaim the task if you wish not to work on it, you can do that by going to your claimed tasks and clicking on the button, “unclaim task”

It’s also worth mentioning that you may be able to see tasks in different Portuguese variants, and you’re welcome to work on tasks with variant you’re experienced in. if you prefer to work on tasks in Brazilian Portuguese exclusively, you can check the homepage when new tasks are posted, and claim the tasks that you’re interested in :blush:

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any questions :innocent:

But can i continue translating?
I thought that i couldn’t because it wasn’t brazilian portuguese.
I thought it was wrong.

2 Likes

@deniswelker9122 This depends on whether you can work on a task in Mozambican variant :thinking: if you believe that you can work on the task, and maybe cover the differences between the Brazilian and Mozambican variants in terms of the diacritics and vocabulary, you’re surely welcome to work on the task :dizzy: Please let me know if you can work on it or you think it’s better to wait for other tasks in Brazilian Portuguese :innocent:

2 Likes