Dealing with TAGS

Hi! I’d love if you guys could help me with this issue that I’m struggling with. Recentely, I translated a project which involved a lot of tags and a new option I didn’t know about…which is GUESS TAGS?..When I’m translating and there are tags in the segment most of the time they go from a sort of icon to lots of numbers and symbols and what’s more not in the place they should go…I also have issues with words in the TL in my case (spanish) I don’t know why the playform doesn’t recognise the word as correct…most of the time it’s spelling errors, tags and punctuation issues both in the SL and TL.
Thanks in advance for your help! :pray: :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Good evening, @Melisa :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Thank you for reaching out. This is an important question. :white_check_mark:

Have a look at this thread: Handling tags and untranslatable segments on Kató TM. :face_with_monocle: At first, tags always look a bit confusing, but this thread help us making sense of them.

Also, if you share an example of the tags you are struggling with, we can help you figure out to deal with them. :slight_smile:

Have a great evening, Melisa! :star2:

5 Likes

Thanks for this post @Melisa! I understand tags can be very confusing :sweat_smile: but as the wonderful @andfraz said, we have some resources to help you :blush:

I would also recommend this thread on Understanding and fixing tag errors.

To find anything related to tags, simply search “Tags” in the search bar in Kató Community and this will give you all relevant threads :slight_smile:

2 Likes