Cuidados Paliativos - Module 13

Partner: Ecancer (Main). URL: //trommons.org/project/9588/view Modules about Cuidados paliativos Will be used for e-training in Brazil

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve just submitted the revised version of Module 12. A doubt remains in relation to the translation of the segment that reads:

Afectación de la supervivencia. There is no context around the segment to help infer the meaning of afectación, a word for which there are various possible translations. I chose the one that I think is closer to the topic. If the authors of the material provide an explanation, could uou send it to me?

Please confirm the deadlines for the translation and revision of Module 13. Accoding to the info shown on the task page the revision is due before the translation is completed. Thank you!
All the best

Hi @Vilma, thank you for completing the task. Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. You could tag me using @MiriamTWB so I will get a direct notification.

I would be happy to raise your question with the partner and let you know if they provide me with more information.

As for the deadline for the revision, the translator asked me for an extension and I must have forgotten to extend the revision as well. My apologies. I have changed it to mid-Feb. I just sent you a notification that Module 16 is ready, so you may work on that revision first.

I also assigned various tasks to you just now. Don’t worry about the deadlines at the moment. I will notify you when the translations are completed and update the deadline then.

I am also aware of your break, so don’t worry. I will discuss the deadlines of any new tasks with you after your break.

Thank you for helping with this project and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Miriam,
The deadline for the revision of Module 13 was yesterday. I cannot start the revision before the translation is completed. The task page shows inconsistencies between deadlines. Could you please see to this and let me know what to do.
All the best,
Vilma

Hi @MiriamTWB,

The deadline for the revision of Module 13 was yesterday. I cannot start the revision before the translation is completed. The task page shows inconsistencies between deadlines. Could you please see to this and let me know what to do.

All the best,
Vilma

Hi @Vilma,

The translation has actually been completed, but not showing correctly on Kató Platform. I have corrected that.

Simply click on the green bar on the bottom left to jump to the next segment to be confirmed.

I also see that there is 6 words which are to-do but I cannot find which segment it is. If you happen to find it please let me know and I will look into it.

I will also extend the deadline to 28 Feb so you have sufficient time to complete this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Miriam

Thank you, Miriam for the correction. I wasn’t very happy with the idea of having the task taken away form me because of a mistake I dindn’t make.

I assume that the 6 words you mention are in Module 13. What exactly do you mean by “which are to do”?

I’ll try to finish the revision of this module before Feb 20 as I’ll be away between then and March 13.
All the best,
Vilma

@MiriamTWB
Thank you, Miriam for the correction. I wasn’t very happy with the idea of having the task taken away form me because of a mistake I dindn’t make.

I assume that the 6 words you mention are in Module 13. What exactly do you mean by “which are to do”?

I’ll try to finish the revision of this module before Feb 20 as I’ll be away between then and March 13.
All the best,
Vilma

Hi @Vilma,

I am not sure what you meant by “having the task taken away from me.” Would you please let me know where you got that impression? It is definitely not something we are trying to convey. My apologies if it has offended you.

The 6 words are in Module 13. If you look at the statics on the right of the progress bar, you will see To-do: 6 which means these 6 words were not completed at the translation stage. Thus, you might run into an error when you encounter that particular segment. Unfortunately, I cannot locate this incomplete segment. Please let me know if you encounter an incomplete segment, so I could fix it.

Yes, I am also aware that you will be away. It is just that the exact date always slips my mind. My bad. Feb 20 is definitely fine.

Thank you for your hard work!

Miriam

Hi @MiriamTWB,

I received the email below this morning:

WB Kató <info@trommons.org>

Qui, 14/02/2019 05:06

The deadline for the “Revising” task for “Cuidados Paliativos - Module 13” from Spanish into Portuguese has expired. If you have completed the task, upload the revised file on the following page:
_https://trommons.org/task/32117/id_

If you need a deadline extension or are unable to deliver this work, please leave a comment in the Kat� Community discussion thread associated with your project:
_https://community.translatorswb.org/t/cuidados-paliativos-module-13_
Please note that in some cases we are unable to extend task deadlines and would have to reassign the task to another translator. For more details please see Deadlines on Kat� Platform
I could not find the missing translations. Sorry

Cheers,
Vilma

Hi Miriam,

Module 13 is ready. I could not find the 6 to-do words. I’ll try to finish the revision of Module 16 before I leave on vacation.

Best wishes,
Vilma

Hi @Vilma

Thank you for your update.

The email you received is an automatic system-generated email. For this project, the deadlines are flexible which you could discuss with me via Kató Community, but there are some projects which have a tighter deadline and may have to be reassigned. My apologies as the email cannot cater to the specifics cases like this project.

Thank you again for your hard work and I wish you a great vacation.

Miriam

Hi Miriam,
Thank you for the explanation and also for the good wishes. I’m trying to finish Module 18 and not 16, as I said in my previous email.

All the best,
Vilma