COVID-19: Support TWB's Social Media Monitoring efforts!

In the COVID-19 pandemic, people urgently need access to accurate information in a language and format they understand to make well-informed decisions. This is not only a health crisis, but it is also a crisis of misinformation. We thank you once again for your unwavering support in translating content to enable people to make informed choices. :heart:

:information_source: This outbreak has been accompanied by an “infodemic”: an overabundance of information — some accurate and some not — that makes it hard for people to find trustworthy sources and reliable guidance when they need it.

:question: To help stop the spread of rumours and inaccurate information, TWB is working in collaboration with a number of humanitarian partners to counter misinformation by first identifying the most prevalent rumours (for instance false prevention measures or hoax cures), and then collaborating with partners to develop evidence-based, rumour-dispelling content in local languages.

:memo: By filling in :arrow_forward: this survey :arrow_backward: you can flag any COVID-19 related rumours, fake news and hoaxes you find through your own social media engagement in Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Indonesian, or Urdu. The information will then be integrated into our rumour tracking efforts by our Social Media Monitors. :mag:

Your input will be invaluable to help combat misinformation. We deeply appreciate your support and commitment. :pray:

10 Likes

Hello Joanna,
Nice to meet you! I would like to colabore with you.
I work with English to Brazilian Portuguese translation.
Do not hesitate to contact me at alline-amorim@hotmail.com

Best regards,
Aline Alves de Amorim

Audio Describer/ Translator/ Editor/ Proofreader

Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (UTC -3).

Work on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays when required.

I am a professional translator because I do believe that people are able to overcome language barriers and build bridges.

Hi Aline :slight_smile: Welcome to TWB! That’s wonderful news, thank you :star2:
If you haven’t already do so, please take a look through our welcome pack for information on taking your first steps in TWB.
In order to get started, we ask that you first complete your profile, then have a look at video tutorials we have prepared for new translators, on how to find and claim tasks in Kató Platform, and how to submit tasks.

1 Like

Hi Aline, I have edited your message to hide some of the personal information you had provided. We will always contact you by email - please don’t share personal information such as phone number here in the forum, anyone can see them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @ambra! Nice to meet you. Thank you very much by you have edited my message.

1 Like

Hello @JoannaW Thank you for the welcome wishes. :hugs: