Completing a task on Kató Platform

Hello @andfraz and thanks a lot, as always, for helping our @Michael_Wang.
You are right, there are no penalties for submitting a translation late, especially if you have already sent a message to flag the problem. As Andreia said, the best thing you can do is posting a message in the thread for the project you are working on (video tutorial ) - in this way, the PM will get notified and can help you. And of course, my colleagues from the Community team and I will see it too and help you as soon as possible. I will now see if I can find the project you are talking about, and fix the issue for you :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I can see an added “Mark this chunk as complete” tab available now.

2 Likes

I think I submitted the chunk that I have completed but I am not sure. Is there a way to see if the work was submitted successfully?

Hi @Kate23 :slight_smile:
I think you’re talking about this project, is it correct? I’m afraid you haven’t submitted the task as in your Claimed tasks section is still classified as ‘In progress’.

Hello, I am new and recently received a task. I am not sure if this the task for the test to get certified, but I noticed that it is not 100% and it does not have translated sections. How do I start? Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hello @rsec, :cherry_blossom:

Welcome to the community. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Since you already can see the progress bar (which does not indicate 100% for the moment), I think you are on the right page. However, for instance, all you have to do is going to your “Claimed Tasks” tab, making sure that the “Task Status” is “In Progress” and choosing “Translate using Kató TM” which should open another page for the file to translate or revise.
The progress bar will reach 100% in bleu only when all segments are translated, or in green only when all segments are revised.

In case you are working on a revising task, and you can’t see the translation in kató TM, this means that the translator has not finished working yet; you will receive an email notification once the translation is complete.

If you find any other issues, here are a few links that might help:
1- Video tutorial on how to find the right thread to post your questions.
2- Video tutorial , FAQs and Do’s and Don’ts on how to use the Kató TM translation interface.

I would suggest that you take a look at this welcome pack to learn more about the platform.

Hope this helps. :purple_heart:
Bests. :dizzy:

4 Likes

Hi @rsec :blush:
I hope @SalwaAlrifai 's guidance was helpful.
I can see that the task you submitted is the translation test for English into Spanish. Well done :medal_sports: We’ll get back to you in 3/4 weeks with the results. Please let me know if there’s anything I can help out with.

2 Likes

I completed my fist one too :grinning:, waiting for my next task. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Congratulations and thank you, Ivonne! :partying_face:

1 Like

Hi! I’m new here, and I’ve just taken a translation test.
Well, I have a question…
When I finished my translation (and so the bar went green), I checked my translation and modified some things. Then I clicked on the link to send my translation (and clicked on “Copy your translation from Kató TM to Kató”), but I’m just wondering if what I modified after the bar went green has been saved and taken into account ? I saved the last version on my computer just in case, so I still can send it by mail or something, but I wanted to ask here before.

1 Like

Hi @Jennifer thanks for reaching out and taking the test with us! Anything you do before you click “Copy your translation from Kató TM to Kató” will be saved :wink:

Great to hear you went back to check your work! As I’m sure you know, that’s an essential step of translation, so thank you for taking the time to do that :clap: The green bar just shows that you have completed all the sections that needed completing.

A reviewer will now review your test and as soon as we have the results we’ll let you know. This can take 3-4 weeks, so in the meantime you can still access all unrestricted tasks in your language pair :sunny:

2 Likes

Hello Madam i can not upload my file. pls guide me

1 Like

Good afternoon, @Gurpreet :slight_smile: and welcome to our community :partying_face:

Try this:

:one: - Go to https://kato.translatorswb.org/ :computer:
:two: - Click on the ‘Claimed Tasks’ Tab :computer_mouse:
:three: - Look for the task you want to submit :face_with_monocle:
:four: - Scroll down until you find the second green button :green_square: that says either ‘Submit Completed Task’ (if you are working on a chunked task, the button will say ‘Mark Chunk as Complete’ instead):

:five: - After clicking on it, scroll down the page again until you find these instructions:

Please note that, before uploading your project, you should click on the last orange button :orange_square: that says ‘Kató Pre-Delivery Checklist’ and fill all required fieds. :white_check_mark:

Do let me know if this helps, Gurpreet. :slight_smile:

Thank you for contributing to TWB’s projects! :+1:

Have a great Sunday! :ocean:

6 Likes

Hi @Gurpreet thanks for your message! I hope the great information @andfraz sent you helped, but let us know if you are still having problems :blush:

3 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: COVID evidence collection (172)

Hi!

I’m new here and I have taken the translation test to become a Verified Translator.
I have already finished the task but I have a couple of questions regarding some issues.
In the translation task there are some sentences with percentages that need to be split with a non-breaking space. Is there a way we can add this space character in Kató TM Platform?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Magali_Alvarez,
welcome to our community! I found a link to a thread about non-breaking spaces:

I hope it helps.
L

3 Likes

Hi @Magali_Alvarez, have you tried the usual shortcut keys for your operating system and applications?
I’m on Windows and use Alt+0160 or Ctrl+Shift+Space.
Source: Wikipedia article:Non-breaking space

3 Likes

Thank you all for your answers! It really helped me.
@rosetta @faretto5 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Magali_Alvarez thank you for your message and welcome to the TWB Community :partying_face:

Thank you @faretto5 and @rosetta for supporting your fellow translators! :heart_decoration:

Let us know Magali if you have any other questions, we are happy to help :sunflower:

1 Like