Completing a task on Kató Platform

Hello, I finished a task revision yesterday and today I got an email stating it’s overdue, I just checked and the bar is completely green…could it be a bug? Thank you for your attention.

I am having problems submitting a revision task as well. I completed it day before yesterday. It shows 100% with the green bar, but when I go to complete it there is no option to do so.

Hi Kristin, I checked this post and I solved my problem, usually the system processes the tasks right away but because this was a big project, I had to click “Mark Chunk as Complete” as it says here:

Please note : if you are working on a chunk of a larger project (the task titles always start with Chunk, eg Chunk 1 of Needs Assessment), then click the button Mark Chunk Complete

Once I did that, I got the notification…please try that and let me know if it worked for you too.

2 Likes

Hello,
My name is Stella Lamere and I am a new translator on this platform.
I have receive a project titled " Chunk 1 of THINK EQUAL Early Years Framework Summary" but i can’t find the text to be translated.
I have found the description of the project even the preview of the source texte but not the text itself.
Need help.
Thanks,

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:
Did task translate/proj-10593/en-US-fr-FR/4494-8e92ae37791d#null save and upload okay?

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:

Hi @Stella1! I see that you don’t have any claimed tasks on Kató Platform, so what may have happened is that you received an email alerting you to a task for one of your language pairs, but it wasn’t assigned to you. In order to begin working on a task, you must first claim it, which you can learn how to do here.

I hope this helps, but please reach out again if you have any further issues! :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Thinking Differently for Agents of Change - Training on dealing with social norms

A post was merged into an existing topic: UPDATED COVID19 Community guidance for social mobilizers volunteers 2302_EN - edited- approved

Hello there!
I’m about to finish my first revision task but have no idea how to submit it.

thank you,
Modhi

Good morning, Modhi, and welcome to our community :smiley:

Here’s how you can submit your task:

1 - Go to https://trommons.org/
2 - Click on “claimed tasks”
3 - Look for the project you want to submit
4 - Scroll down a little, and you will find a green button that says “submit completed task” (if it is a one-piece project) - or “mark chunk complete” (if the project is divided in chunks):

5 - When that page opens, scroll down and follow its instructions.

Note: before you submit your revision please click the orange button that says “Kató Pre-Delivery Checklist”. It is important to check your own work before delivery, and leave any comments or feedback you may have concerning the project.

Also, when reviewing the translation you revised, please provide constructive and respectful feedback, so the translator knows what they did well and how they can improve.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if any of this sounds confusing to you, or if there’s anything I can help you with, Modhi :slight_smile:

Thank your for being part of our community!

All the best,

Andreia

4 Likes

All clear!
Thanks a million Andreia, I really appreciate it.

Modhi

1 Like

You are welcome, Modhi :slight_smile: I’m happy I could help you.

Have a great Sunday!

All the best,

Andreia

Thanks a million for completing a task, @Modhi, and @andfraz to come in help of your colleague :sunflower:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Life with Corona project

Hi,
I just completed translating but the progress bar in Kato TM is 99.95% although I completed all of the translation. I saw a post about the other segment of the same task that was posted 4 days ago but there was nobody replying. Please Help!
Thanks!

Good morning, Michael! :slight_smile:

It must be a bug. I’m experiencing the same problem in one of my revisions. In this case, you must contact the Project Officer responsible for your project, (either directly, if you know who they are, or by leaving a message in the thread associated with your project) so they can submit your task for you. But please note that, being Sunday, probably both you and @Wandong will only get an answer regarding this tomorrow.

I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help!

Have a great Sunday :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

2 Likes

Good morning andfraz and thank you for the reply! Do you know how I should find my Project Officer?

1 Like

You are welcome, Michael :slight_smile:

Regarding your question - from what I understand, usually Project Officers are responsible for all projects from the same Organization. (But please bear in mind that I’m not 100% sure this is the case - maybe @ambra can either confirm or rectify this information later. Thank you in advance, Ambra :heart:). So, if you noticed before that a Project Officer was responsible for projects from the Organization for which your project is intended, it’s very likely that they are the person you must contact.

The easiest way to reach out to your Project Officer is by leaving a message in the thread associated with your project.

I hope this helps - and please let me know if you have more questions. I’d be happy to help :slight_smile:

Have a great day, Michael! :rainbow:

All the best,

Andreia

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply and explanation Andreia! I have already replied in the thread associated with my project, so I guess I’ll just have to wait until someone replies. I just have one more question: This project is due in about 9 hours and if by then no one can solve this issue, will I be marked not finishing the task and will there be some kind of punishment? Or will the deadline be extended?

Have a great day Andreia!

Best,
Michael

1 Like