Completing a task on Kató Platform

Once you have claimed a task on Kató Platform, make sure to follow these steps.

1. When you start work on a task, please be sure to use Kató Translation Memory (Kató TM) to complete your translation (you can still download the file for your reference).

2. Once you have completed your task on Kató TM, the progress bar in the lower left corner will show a 100% (please note the bar is orange for translation tasks and green for revision tasks).

bar

1. Go back to your Claimed Tasks in Kató Platform, click “Submit Completed Task” and then “Copy your translation from Kató TM to Kató.” You can see a video tutorial here.

Please note: if you are working on a chunk of a larger project (the task titles always start with Chunk, eg Chunk 1 of Needs Assessment), then click the button Mark Chunk Complete

9 Likes

I’m ready to submit a translation, but my “Claimed Tasks” page doesn’t have a “Submit Completed Task” button. What should I do?

1 Like

Hi @Holly_Vezinet! I don’t see any “In Progress” tasks on your profile. Let us know if the issue persists.

Hi Ana, that’s what I thought but I wasn’t sure.
Thanks for clarifying!
Holly

1 Like

Thanks a lot for asking, Holly! And Happy Volunteer Day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have completed the translation task ‘’

Hi @Abdourahamane_Hinna! Thanks for submitting that latest task, and please let us know if you have any questions :grinning:

Hello, I finished a task revision yesterday and today I got an email stating it’s overdue, I just checked and the bar is completely green…could it be a bug? Thank you for your attention.

I am having problems submitting a revision task as well. I completed it day before yesterday. It shows 100% with the green bar, but when I go to complete it there is no option to do so.

Hi Kristin, I checked this post and I solved my problem, usually the system processes the tasks right away but because this was a big project, I had to click “Mark Chunk as Complete” as it says here:

Please note : if you are working on a chunk of a larger project (the task titles always start with Chunk, eg Chunk 1 of Needs Assessment), then click the button Mark Chunk Complete

Once I did that, I got the notification…please try that and let me know if it worked for you too.

2 Likes

Hello,
My name is Stella Lamere and I am a new translator on this platform.
I have receive a project titled " Chunk 1 of THINK EQUAL Early Years Framework Summary" but i can’t find the text to be translated.
I have found the description of the project even the preview of the source texte but not the text itself.
Need help.
Thanks,

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:
Did task translate/proj-10593/en-US-fr-FR/4494-8e92ae37791d#null save and upload okay?

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside::diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:

Hi @Stella1! I see that you don’t have any claimed tasks on Kató Platform, so what may have happened is that you received an email alerting you to a task for one of your language pairs, but it wasn’t assigned to you. In order to begin working on a task, you must first claim it, which you can learn how to do here.

I hope this helps, but please reach out again if you have any further issues! :slight_smile: