Celebrate the International Volunteer Day during TWB's Arabic Language Week!

We are happy to announce that from :calendar: Monday, November 29, we will dedicate one full week to connect with our wonderful Arabic community. This is your chance to learn more about our work, win prizes, show your translation skills, and meet our staff and fellow translators. This is also our way of celebrating International Volunteer Day, on December 5, with our amazing community of volunteers. :hugs:

Here’s the plan:

:medal_sports: Participate in our Arabic translation contest. Your translation will be evaluated by other participants and our Arabic-speaking staff. The two best translations will win a prize of 150 USD for first place and 100 USD for second place. Anyone who scores over 18 (out of 25) will receive a certificate and become verified if they aren’t already.

Results will be announced on December 18, to celebrate the Arabic Language Day :fireworks: The two winners of the contest have already been notified by email.

:computer: Join our webinars! All presentations will be in English, and you are welcome to interact in Arabic. Participants will be entered into a random prize draw. For each webinar, one lucky winner will get a 100 USD prize! :gift: The winner has to be part of the TWB community. We have now notified the winners of the prize draw - congratulations if you received the email!

19 Likes

Best of luck for all the participants :star2: :dizzy: :orange_heart:

7 Likes

@Lamine Good opportunity to show your great work! :sunflower: :sunflower: All the best!

4 Likes

@zeinabmohammed981997 Show your good work to be a verified translator! :innocent: :sunflower: All the best!

3 Likes

@SalwaAlrifai participate in this contest my amazing friend and show how skillful you are! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ll definitely consider this dearest Dalia! Thanks for tagging me! :heart_eyes:

Wishing you all the best and all the other participants! :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Best of luck for everybody

3 Likes

That’s great, good luck to all

3 Likes

Hi @Aya.Alrifai
Can I perticipate the contest in two different varients of the language? One in the standard Arabic language while the other in a specific dialect?

3 Likes

Hello. Concerning the contest, where can I review the three other translations submitted by fellow translators?
Thank you :blush:
@ambra @Aya.Alrifai

1 Like

Hi @Amin1 and thank you for interest in the contest! :star2:

To make it fair for everyone, every participant can submit only one entry. Please feel free to choose the variant you prefer for your translation :innocent:

Best of luck, Mohamed!

4 Likes

Hi @AshY and thank you for participating in the contest :sunflower:

I believe that you received an email with a link to review the translations 3 hours ago, would you please check your inbox or spam folder again?

Please let me know if you couldn’t find this email so I send it to you again :innocent:

It sounds wonderful, thanks alot TWB for all your efforts, surely we will attend all zoom meetings, you do a great job,

thanks

1 Like

It sounds wonderful.

Should I submit my translation after 29 November or after 22 November?

I just submitted my translation then I read this page :sweat_smile:

Is it ok? Is there any problem?

1 Like

Sounds great
Anybody knows how we could review other member translations?

1 Like

Hi @faten1992, and welcome here to this incredible Community! :star_struck: :tada:

You will receive an email with a link to review the 3 translations of your fellow TWB translators.

I hope this is helpful! :blush:

Best regards.Lilav

3 Likes

Thanks @Dalia1 , I will give it a try. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your interest in celebrating such Arabic-related event means a lot to the Arab Volunteer community here. Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi @lubna-shurrab

Thank you for your kind message, and for your interest in our sessions :sunflower: looking forward to seeing you there :wink:

Hi @BayanAlkhateeb

Thank you for participating in the contest! and yes, your timing was right :innocent: don’t forget to review the three translations in the email you received two days ago :wink:

1 Like