Can we have an Italian glossary?

Hi everyone!

I was wondering whether it was possible or not to have an Italian glossary, because it would be very useful, since it will help every translator choosing the correct words.

Thank you in advance to whoever is going to reply :grinning:

4 Likes

@Silvia_Mauri

I am pinning you here, even if I have already sent you an email.

Thanks in advance. :smiley:

4 Likes

Ciao Alessandra :wave: thanks for the great question! I am wondering if you have seen this thread already? You can always contribute to glossaries using KatoTM, but I understand that you are thinking of something different. Let me ping my colleague @Jolanta to see if we are planning on adding other languages to our COVID-19 glossary.

Is the Kato TM one more similar to what you have in mind? Thanks a lot, Alex!

3 Likes

Ciao @ambra :smiley:

Thank you for the link you have added to your message, it was very helpful :+1:.

I was wondering if is it possible to have something like this for Italian :thinking: because, sometimes, when there is no MT suggestion or a glossary on Kató TM, is very difficult to find the correct word that can be used for a specific term of the Source Text (it can happen that printed dictionaries don’t have a good translation of some terms – especially the ones that are a bit outdated :upside_down_face:).

I hope my message is clear.

Thank you in advance for everything.

Have a nice evening :star_struck:

3 Likes

Hi @Alex9, that’s great to hear you would want to contribute to our glossaries.
In case you would be interested, our COVID-19 glossary isn’t yet available in Italian. We are always looking into expanding it into more languages. Let me know, I can share more details about how to get involved for this one.

Thank you for your engagement and support!

4 Likes

Hi @Jolanta,

thank you so much for your answer :slightly_smiling_face:
I would feel honoured to contribute in creating an Italian version of the COVID-19 glossary.

4 Likes

H @Alex9 , thank you so much! I have just sent you an email with more details about the COVID-19 glossary. Looking forward to collaborating with you on this project!

4 Likes

Hi @Jolanta,

finally I’ve been able to read the email :laughing:

Looking forward to cooperate even more with this amazing team :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes