Available Tasks in Italian as Verified Translator

Hi, I am Isabella, I recently passed the test to become a verified translator for TWB for English and Spanish into Italian and I am really happy about it.

I would love to give my support and be involved in some project or assignment. However, for two weeks I have checked the available tasks and I have never found an assignment available to do. I was wondering if assignments in these language pairs are rarely available or probably I am doing something wrong?

Also, I was thinking about submitting the tests for Italian into English and Italian into Spanish. Are there more tasks available in these language pairs or not?

I hope you might help me! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time,
Isabella

Hi @Isabella_M, thank you for reaching out and for taking our tests to become a verified translator! :slight_smile:

Please check out this video tutorial and these FAQs to learn how to find and claim a task in our platform. If you can’t find any available task for your language combinations, please note that the availability of projects depends solely on our partners’ needs and requests. To give you a general overview, we had more than 100 English to Italian projects over the last year, corresponding to around 150,000 words produced, whereas we had 47 projects for Italian to English, and only 3 projects for Spanish to Italian and 1 for Italian to Spanish. Therefore, you definitely have more chances of finding tasks for English to Italian or vice versa. Nevertheless, please do feel free to take our tests in all of the language combinations you feel qualified to translate in, to have more chances to take part in available projects in the future!

Please stay tuned, I am sure you will soon find a project that matches your interests and qualifications! :crossed_fingers:t3: In the meantime, take a look at our free online self-paced course Introduction to Humanitarian Translation, you might find it interesting!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Hi @claudiam, thank you for clarifying this and for your detailed answer!

I used to search for available tasks on the dashboard on the workspace, not on the Kató platform, so that was helpful. If I understood correctly, when a project into Italian comes up, Italian should appear in the drop down menu of Target languages. Anyway, I really look forward to it!

While I wait for new tasks available, I will start the online course, I’m sure it will be useful. Thank you a lot for your advice! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Isabella_M, thanks for your reply!
Yes, that’s exactly how it works. :star2: When a project in one of your language combinations is available, you will be able to select that language combination in the Source/Target Language drop down menus in Kato Platform.
Please also make sure to sign up for email notifications! Take a look here.

Great to hear you will be taking our course! :nerd_face: Hope you’ll enjoy it!
If there’s anything we can assist you with, do let us know.