An Interview with a TWB Translator: Valérie travels and translates

This month we are learning more about our incredibly talented translator @ValerieT. Valérie is a lawyer who spent the majority of her career working for a prestigious intergovernmental organization dedicated to the exploration of space. Recently, she retired to pursue her passion for translation.

Valérie Thirkettle is a multi-talented translator who has worked with TWB since 2018 and has donated almost 550,000 words of life-saving information. Her dedication and motivation to take on new projects and the care she puts into her translations make it an absolute pleasure to collaborate.

Valérie travels and translates

“How I feel when I sit down to face a big revision task” – Valérie.

An avid traveller who divides her time between the Netherlands and South Africa, Valérie enjoys the flexibility of TWB’s internet-based system. It gives her the chance to enjoy her other pleasures, studying literary translation, spending time with family and friends, golfing and enjoying nature, particularly in her beloved Africa. All the while, wherever she goes she can feed what she calls her “translation addiction.”

Read the full blog post here :arrow_down:

6 Likes

Thank you to my TWB friends for this very nice blog article. Please keep safe and healthy everyone. And of course we keep working from home, that’s the beauty of the way we work at TWB. We can work from everywhere and make a difference! :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you Valerie, you are so thoughtful and inspiring :star_struck: The freedom to work from any place in the world is certainly one of the perks of TWB and allows us to stay connected in this difficult time.

3 Likes